For thousands of years, gold has been a symbol of wealth and status; today, it is considered a safe, long-term investment for everyone. Considered “the most beautiful type of gold investment,” gold coins offer a unique and fascinating way to invest in gold and bring an exciting new feature into your home. Immerse yourself in the world of gold coins and build your collection today!
American Mint Is Proud to Offer a Wide Variety of Beautiful Gold Coins for Sale
As your reliable partner for high-quality collectibles, American Mint features an extensive selection of solid gold and luxuriously gold-layered coins that will appeal to experienced and novice collectors alike. Our collection includes gold U.S. coins that pay tribute to significant events in our nation's storied history, as well as pieces that honor the legacy of our presidents, military commanders, and other notable figures. Examples include:
- Liberty Remembering 9/11 Commemorative Gold Coin: From our collection of commemorative gold coins, this piece pays tribute to the innocent Americans who lost their lives on that fateful day in September 2001. Minted from .585 pure gold, this exquisite piece depicts the World Trade Center towers and surrounding structures on the obverse, along with a stunning portrayal of the bald eagle on the reverse. There is also an inspiring quote from New York City Mayor Rudolph Guliani made in the wake of the catastrophe.
- Abraham Lincoln - Commander in Chief Commemorative Gold Coin: This U.S. commemorative gold coin pays homage to Lincoln's role in guiding the Union forces during the Civil War. Issued in 2013 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's presidency, this proof-quality 14K gold piece features a highly detailed portrait of "Honest Abe" on the obverse.
- 1849-C Gold Liberty Head Dollar Replica Coin: Known as the rarest gold dollar coin in U.S. history, this one-of-a-kind piece is a highly precise reproduction of James B. Longacre’s 1849-C Gold Liberty Head Dollar. The extraordinary quality and remarkable attention to detail make it difficult to distinguish this solid 14K gold replica from the original.
- General Dwight D. Eisenhower Commemorative Coin: Few leaders in U.S. history can match Dwight D. Eisenhower's contributions as a military commander, politician, and statesman. This luxuriously gold-layered piece features a stunning depiction of "Ike" in his role as a five-star general and Supreme Commander of the allied forces during World War II. Issued in 2008, we've limited the minting of this classic American gold coin to 9999 complete collections worldwide.
- The Bill of Rights - Second Amendment Commemorative Coin: The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of American citizens to bear arms. Exquisitely layered in 24K gold, this beautiful commemorative gold coin recognizes the 225th anniversary of this indelible component of the Bill of Rights.
- Spirit of St. Louis Commemorative Coin: Another of our fabulous gold-layered offerings, this commemorative gold coin features a meticulously detailed depiction of the first aircraft that flew non-stop from New York to Paris and made Charles Lindbergh an American legend.
Buy Gold Coins of the Highest Quality From American Mint
All our solid gold and gold-layered coins feature a level of quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail that will exceed the expectations of any collector. They also come with a Certificate of Authenticity that validates the size and materials and includes a variety of intriguing facts about the piece.
Order Your Gold Commemorative Coins Today
Please take a minute to browse our entire inventory of beautiful gold coins for sale — many of which are available at deeply discounted prices — and choose the ones that best fit your collection. We make it easy to buy gold coins. Simply add the items to your shopping cart and complete the fast, secure checkout process.